Pharmaceutical Case Processing
Our team worked with a multinational pharmaceutical company to build a product optimizing pharmacovigilance case processing. This has been handled in the past through a static process, and our team built a new software in which case processing on adverse events is a shared effort between humans and machines. The UX team designed the experience, which included handling exceptions by adjudicating machine decisions. A primary focus of the effort was directing human interactions to grow training data, without making the interface requirements complex.
As one of two UX designers on the team, I worked with the business owners, developers, and data scientists to design and implement the solution. I began with collecting information in order to create current and future state blueprints, information architecture, user flows, and user interaction behavior patterns. I continued by creating and iterating on low-fidelity wireframes capturing various portions of the application, and started building out an extensive design system. From there, using the wireframes and growing design system, I build a high-fidelity clickable prototype and communicated the assets with developers through detailed developer stories/task and weekly development progress check-ins.
Discover and Define
- Collaborated with business owners to understand personas, and their pain points and needs
- Created current and future state blueprints
- Built user flows
- Developed information architecture
- Conducted multiple UX working sessions to iterate on and solidify requirements
Design and Develop
- Created low fidelity mockups
- Built a design system
- Created high fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes
- Took on a product management role writing stories and tasks for the development team and worked with them on implementation
Supply Chain Management
Our team built an enterprise capability which allows organizations to proactively identify and resolve issues from day-to-day business transactions. The tool is an insights and decision support platform that monitors transactional data from internal and external sources and automatically separates issues from the mass. It is meant to help organizations with a lack of visibility in the supply chain, high amounts of processing errors, mismatch between customer sentiment and internal metrics, lack of end-to-end orchestration, and more.
On this project I held a cross-functional role helping design as well as develop a proof of concept for the platform. I focused on building out the front-end of the React-based platform and worked with the business team and back-end developers to ingest, organize, and display the appropriate data in the most effective and efficient way. I also worked on designing new features and interaction behaviors. Additionally, I helped the team workflow stay organized by transitioning issue tracking and project management to JIRA.
- Iterated on designs of new pages and features
- Developed high fidelity prototypes
- Extended the design system
- Worked with business team on determining appropriate display of data
- Built out the front-end of the platform (using React and the Material-UI framework)
- Continued development of new front-end features and interaction behaviors